- For all types of samples
- Extract high quality & purity total RNA including miRNA
- No phenol step required
- Bind & elute all RNA irrespective of size or GC content, without bias
- Rapid purification
Norgen offers a multitude of RNA purification kits. There are kits fot the isolation of different types of RNA: total RNA including miRNA and othe small RNAs, miRNA without larger RNAs, cytoplasmic and nuclear RNA, circulating and exosomal RNA. Norgen also offers kits for isolating RNA from many different types of samples, e.g. FFPE, blood/serum, preserved blood, stool, plants, soil, water.
Here are some of their RNA purification kits we think you might be most interested in:
These kits extract total RNA of high quality and purity in the same fraction without the need of a phenol step. Total RNA ranges from large mRNA, long non-coding RNA (lncRNA) down to microRNA (miRNA). All RNA (even small RNA) is extracted irrespective of size or GC content, without bias. The excellent RIN values and A260/A280 makes these RNA suitable for downstream applications including qRT-PCR, RT-PCR, microarrays, NGS and more.
These kits come in a convenient fast spin column format and can be used with many types of samples including cells, bacteria, yeast, virus, plasma/serum, blood, saliva, CSF etc.
The Total RNA Purification Plus Kit employs an additional column for the efficient removal of gDNA, thereby replacing the DNase step.
|17200||Total RNA Purification Kit||50 preps||Datasheet|
|37500||Total RNA Purification Kit||100 preps||Datasheet|
|17250||Total RNA Purification Kit||250 preps||Datasheet|
|48300||Total RNA Purification Plus Kit||50 preps||Datasheet|
|48400||Total RNA Purification Plus Kit||50 preps||Datasheet|
This kit extracts small RNA (<200 nt) and separates it from large RNA from a wide range of samples (cell, tissue, bacteria, plants, bodily fluids etc.). The eluted RNA is ready for RT-qPCR, microarrays, and NGS applications.
- Extract high quality & purity miRNA in 30 minutes
- Two column kit—eliminate large RNA on first column and capture microRNA on a second column
|21300||microRNA Purification Kit||25 preps||Datasheet|
This kit (Mini) purifies circulating RNA and exosomal RNA from plasma/serum samples quickly and simply, without phenol.
- Isolates all sizes of circulating and exosomal RNA, including microRNA, without size or GC content bias
- Pure high-quality RNA in 15-20 minutes
- No carrier RNA, no inhibitors
- from fresh or frozen serum/plasma samples (blood collected on either EDTA or Citrate)
- plasma/serum input can range from 50 µL to 200 µL
- Flexible RNA elution into a final volume of 10 µL to 25 µL
- Eluted RNA is fully compatible with all downstream applications including PCR, qPCR, methylation-sensitive reverse transcription qPCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, expression array assays, and NGS.
Plasma samples prepared from blood collected on heparin should not be used, as heparin can significantly interfere with many downstream applications such as RT-PCR.
For larger input volumes, Norgen also offers a Midi (input: 250 µl to 1.5 ml, elution: 50 µl to 100 µl, 35-40 min) and a Maxi (input: 2 ml to 5 ml, elution: 50 µl to 100 µl, 35-40 min) variant of this kit.
|55000||Plasma/Serum RNA Purification (Mini) Kit||50 preps||Datasheet|
|56100||Plasma/Serum RNA Purification Midi Kit||20 preps||Datasheet|
|56200||Plasma/Serum RNA Purification Maxi Kit||10 preps||Datasheet|
Norgen’s Preserved Blood RNA Purification Kits I respectively II isolate and purify total RNA from blood that has been preserved using Tempus™ Blood RNA Tubes* or PAXgene Blood RNA Tubes**. These purification kits use Norgen's proprietary resin as the separation matrix. This resin provides superior affinity to the full size range of RNA molecules, resulting in large and small RNA (miRNA) purification with better linearity and sensitivity.
- Isolate true total RNA including siRNA and microRNA
- No phenol extractions, no chloroform
- Purify high-quality RNA in 30 minutes
- For compatibility with Tempus™ Blood RNA Tubes*: choose Kit I (Cat.-No. 43400)
- For compatibility with PAXgene Blood RNA Tubes**: choose Kit II (Cat.-No. 43500)
The purified RNA is of the highest integrity, and can be used in a number of downstream applications including real time RT-PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, expression profiling, miRNA cloning and amplification, and Next Generation Sequencing.
|43400||Preserved Blood RNA Purification Kit I|
(for use with Tempus™ Blood RNA Tubes*)
|43500||Preserved Blood RNA Purification Kit II|
(for use with PAXgene Blood RNA Tubes**)
* Tempus™ is a registered trademark of Life Technologies. Tempus™ Blood RNA Tubes are not provided.
** PAXgene Blood RNA Tubes are a product of PreAnalytiX GmbH. PAXgene Blood RNA Tubes are not provided.
This very sensitive kit isolates total RNA (incl. miRNA) from very small input amounts such as a single cell.
- RNA can be isolated from a single cell to 100'000 cells
- Fast and easy processing using rapid micro spin-column format
- Small elution volume of 8 µL ready for direct utilization in qRT-PCR reactions
- Isolate total RNA including microRNA in a concentrated ready to use format
- Isolate high-quality total RNA from a variety of sources (incl. immuno-sorted cells and microdissected samples like LCM)
|51800||Single Cell RNA Purification Kit||50 preps||Datasheet|
Tissues that have high fat contents like brain, breast tissues, etc. can lead to RNA of low quality and yield. Norgen’s Fatty Tissue RNA Purification Kit is optimized to extract all sizes of RNA down to miRNA from animal tissues with high lipid content without the use of inhibitory phenol or chloroform. In addition, genomic DNA is removed without the use of nucleases.
While the kit is optimized for fatty tissues, it can also be used for most mammalian tissue samples.
|36200||Fatty Tissue RNA Purification Kit||25 preps||Datasheet|
Norgen’s FFPE RNA Purification Kit provides a rapid phenol-free method for the isolation and purification of total RNA from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue samples in as little as 1 hour. Using formalin to fix tissues leads to crosslinking of the RNA and proteins, and embedding the tissue samples can also lead to fragmentation of the RNA over time. This FFPE RNA Purification Kit provides conditions that allow for the partial reversing of the formalin modifications, resulting in a high quality and yield of RNA of all sizes—from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA), depending on the age of the FFPE tissue. The kit includes DNase for optional on-column DNA removal.
Norgen also offers a kit for sequential isolation and purification of total RNA and genomic DNA from FFPE tissue samples.
Image below Total RNA was isolated from equal amounts of an FFPE tissue sample using Norgen's FFPE RNA Purification Kit and two market competitors. The graph resulting from RT-qPCR demonstrates the mean delta Ct value for 18 sample replicates. Vertical bars represent the standard deviation. Norgen's kit consistently isolates RNA of a higher yield and quality than that obtained by the two leading market competitors as indicated by the larger delta Ct values. Not only were the large RNA species detected including rRNA and mRNA, but small RNA species (miRNA) were also detected from the sample, indicating the diversity of RNA species isolated.
If you need to extract RNA, DNA and proteins from one single sample, this kit is for you! Total RNA (incl. miRNA), DNA and proteins are sequentially extracted using two columns (see image for workflow). Norgen also offers a RNA/DNA/Protein Purification Plus Micro Kit for isolation from smaller samples e.g. stem cells and CTC.
- No sample splitting, no phenol, no precipitation methods
- Purify RNA/DNA/protein from cultured animal cells, tissues, blood, bacteria, yeast, fungi or plants
- Rapid and efficient spin column procedure—all done in 30 minutes
- Proteins are purified on column and are soluble in the elution buffer. No further cleaning or resuspending is required, and proteins can be quantified directly with e.g. western blot, ELISA or mass spectrometry
The phenol-free kit quickly and efficiently purifies all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to miRNA, siRNA and lncRNA.
- Clean-up & concentrate total RNA (including miRNA) in minutes
- Clean-up & concentrate RNA from TRIzol®, TRI Reagent®, enzymatic reactions, in vitro transcription, labelling reactions, etc
- Rapid spin-column protocol, elute in 20 µL
- Purified RNA is fully compatible with all downstream applications
For smaller elution volumes of 8 µl, please refer to the microspin column kits such as the RNA Clean-Up and Concentration Micro-Elute Kit for the highest concentration of RNA sample, e.g. before NGS library preparation.
|23600||RNA Clean-Up and Concentration Kit||50 preps||Datasheet|
|43200||RNA Clean-Up and Concentration Kit||100 preps||Datasheet|
|25100||RNA Clean-Up and Concentration 96-Well Kit||2x 96-well plates||Datasheet|
|61000||RNA Clean-Up and Concentration Micro-Elute Kit||50 preps||Datasheet|
You can also find the whole list of available products in our shop.