Active Motif - Enabling epigenetics research
Active Motif is the industry leader in developing and delivering innovative tools to enable epigenetics and gene regulation research. They are committed to providing the highest quality products and superior service to serve the life science, clinical and pharmaceutical/drug discovery communities.
Active Motif offers a comprehensive portfolio of high-quality products such as antibodies, recombinant proteins, assay kits and more for studies on
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (CHIP)
- Histone modifications and analysis
- DNA methylation
- Transcriptional gene regulation
- Antibodies: highest quality antibodies for studying epigenetics in the context of histone and DNA modifications. Manufactured and validated in-house.
- Recombinant proteins: full-length, high quality, for many relevant drug targets. Their selection also includes different histone substrates.
- ChIP & ChIP-seq: innovative products including various kits
- Histone modification tools: e.g. histone purification kits and various assays including sensitive histone modification ELISAs
Active Motif offers various innovative products to make your ChIP work easier and more successful, e.g. the ChIP-IT® Express Kits. These kits eliminate some of the ChIP challenges by providing a streamlined protocol using protein G-coated magnetic beads, making it possible to perform ChIP in just 1 day. Kits that use either sonication or enzymatic digestion for preparing sheared chromatin are available.
Which ChIP kit should you choose? Check out the selection guide below for source material cultured cells (left), frozen/FFPE tissue or PBMCs (right).
Or look here for a product summary and workflow overview.
- No more need for pre-clearing, blocking or DNA purification steps
- Reduced background
- High throughput compatible
- Dramatically reduced hand-on time
- Enzymatic shearing format also available
The ChIP-IT Express Kit contains components to perform 10 chromatin preps, 2 shearing optimizations and 25 ChIP reactions. If necessary, you can buy additional shearing kits (cat.-no. 53032 and 53035).
If you would like to perform sequential ChIP, use the Re-ChIP-IT Kit (cat.-no. 35016). If you would like to combine your ChIP with NGS sequencing, you may prefer ChIP-IT ChIP-Seq (cat.-no. 53041) or TAM-ChIP (cat.-no. 53126/27/28).
ChIP-IT High Sensitivity
The most sensitive ChIP kit on the market, ideal for low abundance proteins, such as transcription factors.
- Designed to allow high quality DNA enrichment from as little as 1'000 cells per ChIP reaction for abundant targets as little as 50’000 cells for low abundance transcription factors
- Higher signal and lower non-specific DNA pulldown
- Validated for use in ChIP-Seq, even when using antibodies that target low abundance transcription factors
- Optimized reagents reduce background levels caused by non-specific binding events
- Filtration-based washes: easy, increased consistency in multi-sample experiments
The ChIP-IT High Sensitivity Kit contains enough reagents to perform 16 chromatin preparations and immunoprecipitation reactions.
Low Cell ChIP-Seq Kit
Complete ChIP-Seq workflow for chromatin preparation, immunoprecipitation and NGS library preparation from limited amounts of cells or small tissue biopsies.
- Robust enough to work with both high abundance histone modifications and low abundance transcription factor proteins
- Compatible with Illumina® platforms
- Blocking reagents & optimized protocol improve signal-to-noise ratio for better peak calling and lower background
- Molecular identifiers are incorporated within the P5 adapter for retention of fragmentation duplicates and removal of PCR duplicates to increase the number of unique alignments
- Multiplex up to 16 samples on the same sequencing flow cell
The Low Cell ChIP-Seq Kit contains enough reagents to perform 16 ChIP-seq reactions.
This kit provides the highest quality ChIP-enriched DNA for use in sequencing on Illumina® Genome Analyzer II, HiSeq and MiSeq Next-generation sequencing systems.
Robust chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) method that combines the antibody-directed protein targeting of ChIP and NGS library preparation into one step.
To perform TAM-ChIP you will need a ChIP-validated antibody and the appropriate anti-species TAM-ChIP conjugate. Validated TAM-ChIP Assay Reagents are also available (cat.-no. 53128).
Combination of the target-specific selection of chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) with bisulfite conversion and sequencing (Bis-Seq) that allows single nucleotide resolution of immunoprecipitated DNA.
- Complete and validated workflow with optimized reagents
- Better chromatin & DNA methylation profiles on the same sample with higher resolution than either ChIP or bisulfite sequencing alone
- Evaluate allele-specific differences in DNA (imprinting, X-inactivation)
- Method works with histone and transcription factor antibodies
- Compatible with Illumina® sequencing platforms
Perform ChIP without the need for protein-specific antibodies by simply creating create an expression construct containing the protein of interest in-frame with a C-terminal AM-tag that is specifically designed to work in ChIP and produce highly consistent and reliable results.
- Ideal for targets without ChIP antibodies or with low affinity antibodies
- Enables studies of isoforms, mutations and truncations
- AM-tag design maximizes enrichment efficiency of low abundance proteins
- AM-tag has little to no cross-reactivity with mammalian systems for reduced background
Designed to study RNA-protein interactions in a chromatin context, the RNA-ChIP-IT Kit has been optimized to recover RNA for RT-PCR analysis.
- Optimized for RNA preservation
- Includes all RNase and protease inhibitors at precise concentrations
- Separate control kit available with control antibody and primers
Active Motif is committed to providing the highest quality antibodies for studying epigenetics in the context of histone and DNA modifications. Their antibodies are manufactured in-house, where they undergo rigorous developmental and validating procedures to ensure their quality and performance. Their staff scientists have also validated these antibodies for use in the applications such as chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP), ChIP-Seq, Western blot, and immunofluorescence.
Active Motifoffers a large collection of full-length, high quality recombinant proteins for many relevant drug targets. Their selection also includes different histone substrates. The proteins are manufactured to meet the highest standards of purity and activity required for conventional drug discovery assays, such as HTRF, mass spectrometry, AlphaLISA and Alphascreen, and these assays are routinely incorporated into their quality control processes.
How genetic material is organized in the nucleus profoundly influences processes such as transcription. A large part of genome regulation involves histone modifications and chromatin structure. In order to facilitate research in this field, Active Motif offers many tools, e.g. histone purification kits and various assays including sensitive histone modification ELISAs which quantitate modifications on histone tails.
Active Motif also offers many other products, such as the Nu.Q™ Total Assay Kit designed for the detection of global levels of cell-free circulating nucleosomes (cf-nucleosomes) in human serum in a high-throughput format.
They also offer tools for the analysis of transcriptional regulation, e.g. the LightSwitch™ Reporter System.
Read about Active Motif's take on Next-Gen ChIP-Seq: Genome-Wide Single-Cell Analysis with Antibody-Guided Chromatin Tagmentation Methods.