We offer various research tools for the purification of your proteins.
Size exclusion (SEC)
Ion-exchange and affinity purification
Instrument-free '1-Step Batch' spin
Super Ni-NTA and Super Co-NTA
Ultrapure IPTG, >99%
Pre-filled size exclusion columns (SEC) See in shop
Protein Ark’s ProteoSEC columns use a high-performance rigid resin derived from a co-polymer of dextran and agarose for high resolution and high recovery fractionation of proteins by molecular weight.
These affordable but high-quality SEC columns come in three sizes (11/30, 16/60, 26/60, see datasheet) and two separation ranges (3-70 kDa and 6-600 kDa molecular weight). The 16/60 columns are also available with adjustable end adaptors (dynamic design).The 3-70 kDa HR resin and the 6-600 kDa HR resin have a comparable performance to the SuperdexTM 75pg and SuperDexTM 200pg, respectively. Compatible with ÄKTA gel filtration system.
Datasheet (classic) Datasheet (dynamic)
Ion-exchange and affinity purification columns See in shop
These 1 ml and 5 ml FPLC columns come pre-packed with the following gold standard agarose resins:
- Super Ni-NTA / Super Co-NTA Datasheet
- GST Datasheet
- Heparin Datasheet
- Protein A / G Datasheet
- Ion Exchange S / Q Datasheet S /Q
Protein Ark’s HiFLiQ FPLC columns are also compatible with the GE ÄKTATM and Bio-Rad NGC system.
Empty FPLC chromatography columns See in shop
Proteus FLiQ are robust empty FPLC chromatography columns that can be filled with any agarose resin (1ml, 5ml, 10ml and 20ml). They are simple to self-pack and compatible with all resin types. Both ends of these columns have 10-32 UNF threads which fit common chromatography instruments such as ÄKTA.
- Bed Volumes: FliQ1 FliQ5 FliQ10 FliQ20
- Housing: Polypropylene housing (FliQ1), Acrylic (FliQ5, FliQ10, FliQ20)
- Maximum pressure: 70 psi/5 bar (FliQ1), 42 psi/3 bar (FliQ5, FliQ10, FliQ20)
Instrument-free: '1-Step Batch' spin columns See in shop
These unique Proteus 1-Step Batch spin columns let you purify proteins without an FPLC instrument on a small scale and are a great alternative to gravity purification. Flow through the resin is controlled thanks to the SelfSealTM membrane technology. The SelfSealTM keeps the resin and the sample above the membrane while you incubate. Only when the column is spun in a microfuge at 12-14’000 g for up to a minute do the pores of the SelfSeal membrane dilate and the filtered eluate is collected in the bottom of the tube. These columns come in two sizes: mini (600ul) and midi plus (20ml) and can be used with all chromatography resins.
Datasheet (mini) Datasheet (midi plus)
Ultrafiltration concentrator column: See in shop
The Proteus X-Spinner 2.5 is a non-stick ultrafiltration concentrator which provides you with the highest possible protein recovery thanks to two factors: (1) the low binding of protein to the CTA membrane, and (2) the design of the X-spinner with the ultrafiltration force opposite to the centrifugal force (see image). Like this, you can concentrate your protein or exchange the buffer without large target protein loss.
The Proteus X-spinner is ideal for very dilute, sticky or viscous protein samples, and aimed specifically also at membrane proteins.
- Membrane Type: Cellulose Triacetate and Polyethersulphone
- MWCO: 5 kDa, 10 kDa, 20 kDa, 100 kDa & 300 kDa
- Sample Volume Range: 0.1- 2.5 ml
- Hold-up Volume: 25 ul
- Pack Sizes: 24 pcs & 96 pcs
- % Protein Recoveries: >99%
- Max g force: 2’500 g (Swing Bucket Rotor), 2’000 g (Fixed Angle Rotor)
Super Nickel and Super Cobalt resins
These high performance resins Super Ni-NTA and Co-NTA are the Gold standard for His-tag protein purification. They combine high binding capacity (50-75mg for Ni-NTA, 30-50mg for Co-NTA) with an increased tolerance to reducing agents (DTT: 10mM, EDTA: 1.5mM).
The mean bead size of these resins is 35 μm with the affinity chromatography matrix consisting of 7.5% cross-linked agarose.
If required, the nickel/cobalt ions can be removed from the agarose matrix using 5 wash steps with 100 mM EDTA, and the matrix recharged with a different metal ion. The resin is delivered as a 50% (v/v) suspension (2ml suspension will yield a 1ml bed volume; suspension contains 20% ethanol to prevent microbial growth).
Super Heparin See in shop
This resin with 6% cross-linked agarose matrix and immobilized heparin lets you purify various native or recombinant proteins (binding capacity: 5mg/ml) such as lipases, plasma coagulation proteins, lipoproteins, nucleic acid binding proteins such as transcription factors, growth factors, DNA polymerases etc.
- Specificity: Heparin Binding Proteins
- Matrix: 6% cross-linked Agarose
- HP Resin Binding capacity: 5 mg/ml
- Bead size range: 20-50 μm (Mean 35 µm bead size; HP resin)
- Maximum pressure: 72 psi
- Stability/storage: pH 4-13/pH 4-12
Super Glu Agarose See in shop
Compatible with all prokaryotic and eukaryotic expression systems, the Super Glu Agarose affinity resins is designed for the purification of GST fusion proteins (binding capacity: 10mg/ml).
- Specificity: Glutathione-S-Transferase (GST Tag)
- Matrix: 7.5% cross-linked Agarose
- Binding capacity: 10 mg/ml
- Bead size range: 32-60 μm
- Maximum pressure: 72 psi
- Stability / storage: pH 2-14
TCEP has multiple uses. This next generation non-toxic reducing agent is used to cleave di-sulfide bridges during protein chromatography and in SDS-PAGE, and can also be used in the tissue homogenization process for RNA isolation.
TCEP has the following advantages over DTT and 2-ME: See in shop
- More powerful reducing agent
- Irreversible reducing agent
- More hydrophilic
- More resistant to oxidation.
- Does not reduce metals used in IMAC
- Causes fewer ITC baseline artefacts
- Particularly useful when labeling cysteine residues with maleimides: TCEP can keep the cysteines from forming di-sulfide bonds and - unlike dithiothreitol and β-mercaptoethanol - it will not react as readily with the maleimide.
LubioScience offers this important staple for protein scientists at an affordable price. Save money without losing quality! Available in practical pack sizes of 5mg and 25mg (5 x 5mg). Can be delivered within 24 hours!