Don't trash your research - trash your bad oligos instead
- Failed clonings
- Inefficient PCRs
- Abnormal qPCR results
Many oligonucleotide manufacturers use standard equipment to synthesize oligos, resulting in very low coupling efficiencies. The result is a heterogeneous mix of complete and incomplete (truncated) oligos. In fact, many manufacturers deliver oligos containing less than 50% full-lenght product!
- 32 oligos of different lengths synthesized either by IDT or by a direct competitor
- Oligos were analyzed by capillary electrophoresis to determine the percentage of full-length product in each tube
- Green peaks denote full-length oligo, red peaks indicate truncated byproducts
- IDT: average 92% full-length product, competitor: average 52% full-length product
- More than half of competitor's oligos would have been rejected by IDT's quality control!
In order to convince you of IDT's oligo quality we offer 10 DNA oligos (25 nmole scale, desalted, no modifications) for free.
- Go to the IDT ordering portal via the link above
- Place your order for up to 10 oligos
- Hit "checkout" and register if you don't have an account yet
- Enter the code "TryIDTOligos" into the Purchase Order (PO) field during checkout
- You will receive your free oligos within 2-3 days